As a member of the IT Assurance team, you will play a key role in the delivery of high-quality services, supporting and delivering effective service continuity planning which includes risk management, security and disaster recovery. You will support the IT Assurance Team managing enquiries from KCL and IT staff plus assist the IT Risk and Continuity Manager to manage wider risk and continuity demands.
Ideally you will have experience of working in an IT environment. Although not essential as training will be provided, you will have experience in assurance, compliance or working within a regulated business environment and have a willingness to learn and develop those skills as well as risk management and business continuity in a supporting role.
Some travel may be required for meetings and training, (predominately between Quintrell Downs and university campuses in London).
Whilst the role will have a focus on Risk Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Management, there will be a wider requirement to support the IT Assurance team in all aspects of the general Assurance workload.
Main duties include supporting the IT Risk and Continuity Manager to:-
• identify and communicate risks and opportunities
• work collaboratively within IT to maintain a positive risk culture
• assist in designing and reviewing processes and procedures across IT
• process work items via the Remedyforce queue
• contribute to the ongoing management of the IT Service Continuity plan including supporting quarterly reviews and updates
• assist with the coordination and management of annual IT Service Continuity testing
• ensure that all IT Services have documented service recovery plans, accessible via the Service Catalogue
• administer a comprehensive testing schedule of all IT Service Continuity plans in line with business requirements
• administer various risk registers and review processes to support the IT risk environment
General IT Assurance
• Support the Senior Assurance Analyst in handling the IT Assurance workload
• Assist with the development of IT policies and operational reviews
• Assist with the development of guidance on all matters relating to IT Assurance
We are a fast growing company supporting the services of King’s College London, but in the heart of Cornwall.
We have active committees for Sustainability, Healthy Workplace and a Social Committee!
We offer 25 days holiday per annum, 10% discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, modern, comfortable offices a mere 10 minutes from the beach – plus much more!