As a member of the IT Assurance team, you will play a key role in the delivery of high-quality services, supporting and delivering effective IT Assurance. You will support the IT Assurance Team by managing enquiries from KCL and IT staff as well as assist the IT Assurance Manager to manage wider demands.
Ideally you will have experience of working in IT. Although not essential as training will be provided, you will have experience in assurance, compliance or working within a regulated business environment and have a willingness to learn and develop those skills.
Some travel may be required for meetings and training, (predominately between Quintrell Downs and university campuses in London).
Whilst the role will have a focus on IT Assurance, compliance and related regulations, there will be a wider requirement to support the IT risk management function in all aspects of the general assurance workload.
General IT Assurance
Main duties include supporting the IT Assurance Manager and Senior Assurance Analyst to:
• progress customer queries relating to information compliance, information security, freedom of information requests and other regulatory matters
• work closely with Research Data Management, Information Compliance, Data Governance, students and KCL employees to ensure that King’s operates in a safe and controlled way
• support the IT solutions and service functions in delivering IT services to the wider university
• process work items via the Remedyforce queue
• assist with the development of the IT policy management approach
• assist with the development of guidance on all matters relating to IT Assurance
• assist in designing and reviewing processes and procedures across IT
• support continual service improvement (CSI) for assurance, risk and service continuity by identifying weaknesses and gaps in the current environment
• Support the Senior Assurance Analyst in handling Risk Management workload
• Work collaboratively within IT to maintain a positive risk culture
• Assist in designing and reviewing processes and procedures across IT
We are a fast growing company supporting the services of King’s College London, but in the heart of Cornwall.
We have active committees for Sustainability, Healthy Workplace and a Social Committee!
We offer 25 days holiday per annum, 10% discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, modern, comfortable offices a mere 10 minutes from the beach – plus much more!